We’re sorry to say that we have decided to cancel the event on the 12th of April, we will revisit the plans at a later date.
In view of the government recommendations we don’t see how we would be able to attract anyone to this event plus we would be seen as irresponsible in attempting it.
Thank you for your interest and I’m sorry for the change of plans.
We will be in contact in the future.
A quest for truth
This Easter: The ambitious award-winning investigative journalist, Lee Strobel was at the peak of his career, having recently earned a promotion to legal editor at the Chicago Tribune. But things at home were at their worst due to his wife Leslie’s newfound faith in Christ, which went against everything Lee stood for as a strong atheist.
The Case for Christ is the true story of a man’s quest for truth – set out to use his well-honed journalistic and legal skills to disprove the Resurrection of Christ, a foundational event to his wife’s newfound Christian faith.
This will be the topic of our event, as after all, this is the topic of Easter Sunday – The Resurrection.
Easter Sunday – The event
Based on this true story, written in the award-winning book The Case for Christ we have prepared for you an Easter Sunday like you have never experienced. Come with us on a journey to reveal the truth about a well known, but possibly not well believed story – The Easter Sunday Resurrection!
In our presentation we will show a short summary of the excellent movie based on this book – the full movie is available on Amazon Prime Video.
- We will have an musical presentation of the Easter Story by professional choreographer Hailey Bleau accompanied by a dramatic presentation of the subject of searching for truth.
- We will have a special guest speaker, Thomas Fretwell, who will be available for a Q&A at the end.
Thomas has a passion for studying Theology and Apologetics and has earned both B.Th. and M.A. Degrees in Theology. He is currently undertaking Ph.D. research in a field related to Jewish-Christian studies. He is an associate tutor in Theology at King’s Evangelical Divinity School and is also an associate speaker with Creation Ministries International.
An engaging speaker, Thomas regularly speaks to people of all ages on a variety of biblical topics and apologetics issues. He hosts the Theology & Apologetics podcast and serves as an assistant pastor at Calvary Chapel Hastings.
More info here: https://www.thomasfretwell.com/
All are welcome – Admission is FREE
- We will be giving away “The case for Christ” books including a children’s version of the book!
- Tea, Coffee, biscuits and cakes will be available.
- Childcare will be provided for children up to 12 and for special needs children. The auditorium has capacity for up to 6 wheel chairs.
- A room for mums and babies with a live streaming of the event will also be provided.
Follow up event
Following on from the event Easter at The Leatherhead Theatre we will be holding a 4 week study group to go through The Case for Christ Official Movie Study. This will help us discover the real evidence of Jesus’ death and resurrection. – Join us!
More resources on this topic:
If you are interested in the topic of the Resurrection listen to this message: