We, as Christians, are called to live out the truth of the Gospel of Jesus. That means using all areas of our lives as opportunities for God’s mission to the world to show the glory of Jesus.
Josh Reeves, on his blog, gives 30 helpful tips for approaching your job missionally.
Here are the first few to whet your appetite. Pray through these and see which of these would be helpful tools in your workplace.
1. Instead of eating lunch alone, intentionally eat with other co-workers and learn their story.
2. Get to work early so you can spend some time praying for your co-workers and the day ahead.
3. Make it a daily priority to speak or write encouragement when someone does good work.
4. Bring extra snacks when you make your lunch to give away to others.
5. Bring breakfast (donuts, burritos, cereal, etc.) once a month for everyone in your department.
For more useful tips visit our Bible Study and Mission Resources page.